Roots of STEM
One of the reasons you were selected as a fellow is your deep experience, knowledge and passion. We would like to take a snapshot of your experience through the following project.
- We will model a teaching demo for you in a STEM discipline. You will review and provide feedback of the teaching demo.
- Next you will have the opportunity to facilitate a teaching demo over a topic of your choice. You will receive constructive feedback from the group that includes ways they might modify your lesson to fit various teaching contexts.
- You will create a document that compiles the lesson you presented with the feedback you received from your colleagues. This document should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 21st, 2014 as an email attachment or share on Google Drive.
- We will compile the submissions into a publication that you will receive prior to the conclusion of the summer session.
- This is an excerpt from “Enabling Communities and Collaborative Responses to Teaching Demonstrations” by Janet Swenson, with Diana Mitchell, Red Cedar Writing Project, Michigan State University